Monday 30 August 2010

What's your favourite......?

I don't know how any of you feel about this, but I HATE being asked about my favourite film, actor/actress, music, book - well, ANYTHING. The reason is, I don't have just one - I tend to have a long list of them. A really long list! I watch TV programmes like 100 Greatest Musicals, for example, and I find myself thinking, ok, but what about this film or that film. It's not that I disagree with the 100 best, but I probably would have made the list a lot longer. Maybe two or three times longer!!! And I still wouldn't be able to put them in any order of preference! I mean, how do you choose from so many?!?!

I'm pretty much the same about almost everything - except perhaps food. I do have several meals that I like more than others - cottage pie, spaghetti bolognaise, practically anything with either cheese or chicken - and as for desserts, well, pretty much anything with fruit - apple pie (homemade, of course), fruit crumble (rhubarb is best), fresh fruit salad or strawberries and cream.

When it comes to ice-cream though, I've only just discovered that I do have one particular favourite. While I love most flavours, especially mint-choc chip, rum and raisin, strawberry, neapolitan and raspberry ripple, I know for a fact that I can also get tired of these flavours very quickly. I suppose it's true - you really can have too much of a good thing!

The only flavour that I never seem to get tired of is plain old vanilla! I buy tubs and tubs of it and they don't last me long, I can tell you! After all, it's so versatile. You can have it with pretty much anything - well, anything sweet that is. You wouldn't want it sitting next to your roast potatoes on Sunday - it makes the gravy taste funny!!!! (Joke!)

Seriously though, I love it with any of the aforementioned desserts, and I also love it in drinks! I don't mean milkshakes ( I can't stand milk!).  I'm talking about fizzy drinks like cola, lemonade, or even ice-cream soda. If you've never had an ice-cream float, you haven't lived!

Just take a tall glass and pour a little of the fizzy drink of your choice. Then add one or two scoops of ice-cream and very slowly pour more of the fizzy pop. You'll quickly see why I said to pour it slowly as it froths right up and can overflow if you aren't careful.

Next take a straw, and sip from the bottom. You also need a spoon for both the ice-cream and the froth. Mmmm! Yum! I suppose you could try using other flavours, but vanilla definitely gets my vote!!!

Speaking of which, I'm off to raid the freezer!

Bye for now!

Dawnie xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment