Tuesday 3 January 2012

When "Tempest" Seems Too Mild a Word....

There is no earthly pleasure more sublime
Than sitting by the fire, all snug and warm,
Whilst outside, the wind and rain are raging,
Building up into a monstrous storm.

To know that, though the weather's truly awful,
You haven't any reason to go out.
It gives you such a satisfying feeling
That's way beyond compare, without a doubt.

But wait - for now the window-panes are rattling!
The dustbins in the yard are spinning round!
The roof has lost some tiles and is now leaking,
And next door's shed has lifted off the ground!

It seems as though the walls themselves are shaking.
Will they hold out? Oh, surely they won't break!
It's so bad now, I'm cowering in terror,
And fearful for my life, make no mistake!

It serves me right for being so complacent!
I'm not smug now, in fact I'm quite distressed.
The storm is at an end, but so much damage!!!
When I think how much I've lost, I'm quite depressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment