Saturday 30 October 2010

Ode to a Lightbulb

I dedicate these lines to you.
There never was a friend so true.
When darkness falls, you heed my call:
Spread luminescence over all.
You brighten up the darkest night,
But when you die - poof! - there goes light!
And yet, no tears are shed for thee,
Who gives your life that we may see.
O loyal friend, so round and white,
I honour thee, as is your right!

(This verse was written in one of my many silly moments, which, I have to admit, are growing in frequency as the years roll by! Oh! And just to prove my point, here comes another one!)

Child of Our Time

O, pity the poor unfortunate child,
Neglected and forlorn!
No-one to care for or nurture him:
He didn't ask to be born!
All he wants is a happy home
And food to fill his belly -
Designer clothes, mobile, a PS3
And a huge LCD telly!

No comments:

Post a Comment